Wednesday 29 March 2017

Simply Pinwheels Quilt

A while ago (months ago really, but who's counting) one of the ladies in our guild kindly lead a sew along for one of the Schnibbles patterns.  This little quilt is the result.

I made it using a solid I had in my stash along with a Simply Style charm pack.

 Here's a photo of the back.  When I make quilts with charm packs, I usually end up piecing the back out of leftover squares.  This really helps keep all of those random square that I'm not sure how to use from multiplying.

Here is a close-up of the quilting.  I was stalled at this stage for a while - just couldn't figure out what to do!  Finally I realized that I liked the pinwheel feel of this quilt and wanted to emphasize that.  With that inspiration, I went to town.

Linked up at Sew Fresh Quilts - Let's Bee Social.

4 comments:

  1. The quilting is wonderful on this - I need to get mine out and quilt it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting really suits the quilt. Congrats on a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sweet. I really like your pieced back too and the swirly quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pinwheel quilt. The quilting is just perfect for it. Am I right in thinking the lovely Xmas embroidery is hand done and not machine embroidery? It will be exquisite showpiece at Xmas.

    ReplyDelete