Saturday 19 December 2015

2016 Quilting Resolutions

Yvonne of Quilting Jet Girl is hosting a link-up for our 2016 Quilting Goals and I couldn't resist joining in.

2016 Quilting / Blogging Planning Party
  1. End the year with 10 fewer UFOs than I started it with.
    Lots of these half finished projects are holding me back from tackling new projects.  My sewing space would have so much more functional room if they weren't hanging around and they nag when I work on something new.  I'm tired of it.  In 2015 many of the UFOs went out the door to better homes and now I'm left with the ones that I still want to make.  However, I'd like to make them while I still want to make them.  Getting rid of some of the UFOs and fabrics (I also purged the fabric stash) made me sad, it was disheartening to remember how excited I was when I started the projects and to see how much I just did not like them now.  I'd like to spend my time on projects while I sill love them.
  2. Start a blog.
    Yes, got an early start on this one. :)  I just couldn't hold off and wait for a date on the calendar.
  3. Join in the blog fun.
    I started the blog to participate in the blog world; it just looks so fun.  So, I'd like to join in on some of the link-ups and quilt-alongs.  However, I'm hoping to hold off from joining in swaps (see item #1)
If you're a goal/resolution setter, join in at Quilting Jet Girl.

11 comments:

  1. Howdy Maker Joy, nice to have you in the quilty blogosphere! You are right about there being not time like the present to start blogging. :) Good luck with your goals this year! I have a couple of WIPs on my shelf I'm hoping to finish up this coming year as well. Let's hope we both have the push to accomplish that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah look you're already 2/3 finished with your goals and it's not even 2016 yet! Well done. But the linky parties and quilt alongs are on going and definitely worth being active with for a while--you will meet some pretty cool quilters/bloggers that way! Good luck getting some of those WIPs finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list of goals! Best of luck with your UFOs, it looks like they will keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Renee, I think you are in a very strong position starting out with your goals for next year! I wish you a lot of success and quilting joy in 2016. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging. It really can be great fun. I love your first goal...I have the same problem with sorting through the stash and trying to figure out what to do with the fabrics I no longer love. I also have lots of works in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome on the blogging front. Hope you get lots of things done in 2016. And enjoy the things you make and sharing on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad to have you join us in Blogland, Catherine! I enjoyed reading your goals and look forward to seeing your finished WIP projects as well as any new quilts you share in the coming New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals! I love that you set a number for having fewer WIPS...it will make it easy to keep track of how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the world of blogging!! I had to giggle when you listed...start out with less WIP...I think sooo manhy of us can say that! Please feel welcome to stop by my blog and if ya like what ya see, become a follower. :) Nice to meet ya! Val from myplvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll enjoy the stimulation of blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to Blogland. It's one of my favorite places to hang out. Good luck with all your 2016 goals!

    ReplyDelete