Saturday 16 July 2016

Q3 FAL - Goals

While I failed miserably at following up with blog posts sharing all of the finishes (Still catching up but almost done!) it was really helpful to pull my thoughts together and come up with goals for the quarter.  So once again, I'm linking up with the Q3 goal setting festival.  Hopefully this time, not only will I finish things but I'll share them in a timely fashion...

Soaring Complements
This quilt was started way too many years ago.  The top was completed in a weekend and has sat there waiting for quilting ever since.  Actually, this was the quilt that made me realize that my piecing skills had developed quite a bit but my quilting skills hadn't (I pretty much only did stitch in the ditch and a few weak hearted attempts at stippling at this point)  So that weekend became the point where I started learning how to quilt so I could actually finish this one. 

This one is a repeat from Q2.  I started on it but then my machine's tension acted up.  UGH!  I'm hoping I have the tension issues fixed and after a little quality time with the seam ripper, I'll be ready to start again.





Nearly Insane
Another quilt that has been basted for a year or two waiting for quilting inspiration.  I've made a decision! and now it's time to get quilting.

This is another repeat from Q2.  I've started on it, working on the stitch in the ditch between the blocks.  I have a couple of ideas that all require stitch in the ditch between the blocks; I'm hoping that a decision will be made by the time I get to the end of this step.



Teeny Tiny Blue Tuesday
This is another quilt started ages ago.  Though at least this one isn't basted and waiting for quilting. :)  This one needs the borders and then it's ready for quilting...

This is another repeat from Q2.  Nothing was done on it last quarter but hopefully this quarter will see results.



Valkommen
This is another repeat from Q2.  I managed to finish the embroidery on it and have an idea on how to finish it, so this quarter I'm aiming for 100% done.





Tomten Table Runner
A new project for this quarter!  Since the embroidery is finished on Valkommen, I wanted to add another one to the line up.  I figured this one is perfect since nothing says Christmas like 30C weather. :)  I doubt it will be finished this quarter but I have hopes for the end of the year.

If you'd like to see what others are focusing on this quarter - check out the 2016 FAL link-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment