Wednesday 6 January 2016

Estonian Flag Quilt Top

If your guess was that I was working on an Estonian flag, then you'd be right!

The blocks are all laid out, ready to go.  The black blocks have been sewn together - not too much shrinkage.

 Here is it mid creation.  I love the sunshine rippling over the quilt.

I was relieved when they came together.  Seeing all of the blocks laid out, they just looked sooo blockish and was worried that it wouldn't have the all-over scrappy look I was going for.  Fortunately, it was harder to distinguish the individual blocks once they were all pieced together.  I'm thrilled with how it is coming together so far.  The patterns in the individual fabrics have given a nice texture to the quilt; a flat looking quilt was my other worry. 

Piecing the quilt top added a couple more blocks to add to the enders & leaders pile.

I found a kit to make this little doll keychain when cleaning out a drawer.  It was just too cute to shove back in the drawer so I whipped her up.  I think she needs a name; any suggestions?



Linked up with Freshly Pieced - WIP Wednesday and The Needle and Thread Network.

1 comment:

  1. What tiny little pieces! The quilt is beautiful, Catherine. When I looked at that first photo, I first thought that the fabric was printed, not pieced! (Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet!)

    Love the little key chain. She reminds me of the fairy tale in which the little girl takes a poisoned apple from the wicked old witch. Sleeping beauty?

    ReplyDelete